Services for Providers
Would you like to have a state of the art IXP in your data center or carrier facility?
We offer two solutions, chose either reselling a port to your customers or having us install and manage a full PoP at your location.
Use and manage your own switch connected to our fabric with individual VLANs for your customers.
There is a per customer setup fee and no additional monthly fees.
We can install and operate a node for you. If you are in the Chicago area, take advantage of our established traffic base to bring enhanced connectivity options to your location. If not, we can start a new exchange to promote local peering in your area.
- at least 1/4 rack (12RU), preferably a whole rack. Must be locking or in controlled access space. MMR space ideal but not required.
- A+B power, 20A circuits and appropriate PDUs, preferably managed
- 1 pair (2 strands) dark fiber to an existing United IX pop
- optional 2nd pair to a diverse United IX pop
- any needed XCs to reach this dark fiber
- 1 OOB management circuit with 1 usable IP address, IPv6 if available
- all installation and configuration labor and testing
- location and link on our portal
- ongoing management and maintenance of all equipment
- bandwidth and equipment upgrades as needed to maintain the operation of the IXP node
- peering port for your organization's use
We install on site
- DWDM equipment as needed
- Out of band management and monitoring system
- all hardware and equipment needed to rack and connect this equipment
Contact us for more information, including cost and revenue sharing options.